Legion of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of Doom

Legion Of Doom Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!

Go down 
+8
Rimzoco
nachtnebel
Admin
Darkk Armor
kamikaze386
guitarsenall
SkiTzzOiD
RomulusCreative
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nachtnebel
L.O.D. Soldier
L.O.D. Soldier
nachtnebel

Character sheet
Section 8: 3

Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 am

Good talking with you and Killer! Enjoy the holiday.
Back to top Go down
guitarsenall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Welcome aboard, Nacht! You should see more of me on the battlefield--now that I am done with my identity crisis...I think....for now.

Scorp: That was a CLASSIC description of yourself. Save it to your hard drive and reuse often. LOL.

Rom: Good fighting with you yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet
Section 8: Squad 2

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 pm

what ident crisis, if ur on about what i think you are, then im onto you, lol

hahah, or im completly way off and paranoid
Back to top Go down
Admin

Character sheet
Section 8: Squad 1-Leader

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:22 pm

guitarsenall wrote:
Welcome aboard, Nacht! You should see more of me on the battlefield--now that I am done with my identity crisis...I think....for now.

Scorp: That was a CLASSIC description of yourself. Save it to your hard drive and reuse often. LOL.

Rom: Good fighting with you yesterday.

Yes fun seeing/playing Guitar! now everyone go pickup anyone with talent and lets get like 20 members lol
Back to top Go down
https://legionofdoom.forumotion.net
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

not just anyone, must be good, good enough to beat you and you have no idea why etc
Back to top Go down
RomulusCreative
First Officer
First Officer
RomulusCreative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:25 am

Rimzoco wrote:
not just anyone, must be good, good enough to beat you and you have no idea why etc

No no I dont mean right away admit and now your LOD i mean get them in early if they have talent, test and see if they have what it takes. Like a pre bootcamp. And if they can you beat you than they are probably already in a clan lol
Back to top Go down
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 am

ok well there were 3 noobs on yesterday, for about 6 hours straight, zygo somthing and 2 more, think they were cheating cos they beat me nach and rom our team v them 2 times in a row, weird tactics like they were putting 4 sensors side by side, think they figured out a glitch/hack cos every time you scan 8 enemy you get a few point to wards Outpost, but if 4 in same spot maybe 4x scanner feats at once, would explain how they were getting so many outposts
Back to top Go down
RomulusCreative
First Officer
First Officer
RomulusCreative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Yea those guys.as I told them weren't legit. He destroyed my tank with his heavy in seconds. He outran me with his heavy and I could be in air facing behind him and he still was able to grab me. But they were good despite whatever they were doing. Was also on the aid server the other day and omg they f'd with server. 0 gravity if you jetted it would take about 2mins. To land again. Fun as it was I left.
Back to top Go down
Psyclic X
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Psyclic X

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 am

Great playing with ya today at our training Rom.

played few more with Killer this arvo [ours ] won several before TTN player amongst others joined opposition and low and behold weird shit began to happen ie: controls become sticky and delayed, using any loadout becomes glitchy, and considering amount of DCM which get activated it appears they can have any and all on demand rather than when certain feats are accomplished

suspect someone on opposition has line to server - unfortunately for us
Back to top Go down
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 am

welcome quisixhadderact

saw his name had lod in it the other day, think he's waiting for his forum account to be activated
Back to top Go down
RomulusCreative
First Officer
First Officer
RomulusCreative

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 pm

He is activated as to my knowledge. I activated it if he is having a problem let me know and i will go in again.
Back to top Go down
quisaxhaderact
Sargent
Sargent
quisaxhaderact

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 am

Hi guys, I finally joined. Have to say I probably should have ages ago, but being new to online gaming I didn't notice the message function on joinsection8.com until after joining IBG. Anyway, my name is Peter, I respond to all variations although have gotten used to seeing Q or quis in game. I even still refer to major slayor and cadet generation by those tags rather than their new ones when they change them. I have read the previous posts and would have to say I share a lot in common with most of you. I too started gaming with the humble NES back when I was about 11 or 12. Was the TMNT pack. played for hours. Also loved Castlevania and Festers Quest (Adams family) Progressed to the Sega Megadrive but then sold it during first year at Uni. Got a PC during final year at Uni then started with gaming again. Played Quake until my eyes bled or threw up due to motion sickness. (insert vom emoticon here)
Went on to PS2 (2 infact, wore first out Sad ) but still carried on with PC. About a year ago I got fed up being behind with the games as my previous PC was built from recycled parts my brother got hold of. (A whole 128mb G card. oooh.) and went to local PC world and bought a monster. I think S8 was the 4th game I bought, although did pick it up the first time went game shopping in the current game aisle, and not the budget 5 year old, 3 titles for £15 area.
I am married and have a daughter who is 6. I am training her in the art of PC. Although I can only stand so much Dora the Explorer and Finding Nemo. Think we will go game shopping soon. We also have a hamster and a budgie that must be atleast 10 years old. (waiting for it to pop off so can start remodelling kitchen).
Anyway, as for S8. LOVE IT. probably can tell from position on S8.com. I have the same philosophy that K/D doesnt matter. Mostly to begin with was because this was my first go at Online FPS. Did play Heavy Gear 2 years ago on dial up. But connection was so rubbish and got moaned at for using radar assisted weapons. (You could restrict certain weapon types when setting up a game, but there was loads of unwritten rules) I did play the single player game first, then tried some offline conquest. I remeber my first time online. AOD were still around. spent most of the time running behind everyone else til got used unpredictatbility of human opponents. Have thrown myself at tanks and CPs, even as a decoy millions of times. Although I have tried to work on not dieing as much, but still maintain CP defence and DCMs. I am always looking for good players and helping them with tips and pointing out game tactics and mechanics so that they atleast play properly. Although I do have games where I just defend a single CP and let everyone else run around in a big mess. Now and again I even camp on an enemy CP to either suppress it or just annoy the heck out of enemy team. Even got called a tool once for camping. But did point out I was camping on their CP and that I had 5 kills for every 1 death. I also try and redo achievements, mostly to try and hone aim/technique. Or even trying out different loadouts. tend to just have armour, shield, polarity and recoil dampener. LOL, cant remeber what its called. Also love the machine gun and of course the mortars. Didnt even realise I had most kills (as far as registered players went). I especially like nuking ppl when they running away by perfectly timing the launch/aim. Or even when they hiding behind something, desperately trying to repair. I would have to say I prefer to follow others lead. But I do watch the clocks and will abort if not enough time or unlikely to succeed (but only extreme instances. have completed intel and bomb in last second numerous times)
Been nice with the influx of new players. I am already friends with Alocrius. Wasnt sure if they had changed their tag from something else. (can thank those players that do change for confusing me) Also friends with Zues, Averix, Hung (zatara) and quite a few others. Still chat to slayor occassionally, but he is totally into COD black ops now. He even joined a clan and I think is still in it. I fully appreciate personal histories/dynamics and can assure everyone that anything said here will stay here. Willing to learn anthing you guys can teach me. I know shotgun is prefered weapon for close up but have never quite worked out loadout that results in fewest shots per kill yet. I would have to say that it is also my weakness when opposed with a shot gun. Never use sensor block, except with sniper loadout. And then only use it on new ppl when they camping and sniping. Like to remind them that they not unreachable and that they can be sniped. usually allow them to get a few kills first, then annoy them by cutting their kill streak. Tend also to use heavy rather than tank. Tanks attract Guitar and the dreaded 'Nice Tank' war cry. Would be briliant if could add taunts like in UT to Prej. sigh, if only. I got a Bender (furturama) model for UT2004, got wicked taunts. 'You can bite my shiny metal ass'!!!
One last thing, my tag was the 12th attempt at something not already taken (someone actually called CtrlAltDelete out there) Didnt like to use correct spelling as it looks made up (Kwizat Haderach). LOL. And didnt want anything that sounded too over confident. I remember a player called Ninja something or other. Was absolutely cack and when compared games had hardly any games points for all the games on GFWL. Anyway, think I have babbled enough. time to login and see who is on. I also should be on more regular and for longer now. Had LAN party couple weeks back and needed to practice games.
albino

Hey Quis there is no need for you to apologize for having a long post! LOL You should see some of my mini novels i have posted on here occasionally! LOL The guys generally fall a sleep before they finish! but after the 2nd week or so the eventually read most of it! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
SCORP
Back to top Go down
guitarsenall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 am

quisaxhaderact wrote:
...Tanks attract Guitar and the dreaded 'Nice Tank' war cry. ...

ROFL!!! Quis...er, I mean, Peter...you made my day! Thanks for giving us a GREAT intro. It is truly good to have you here with us. I think we all agree, you have always been a pleasure to fight with or against--one of the few players I can enjoy losing to.

Will
Back to top Go down
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 am

looks like we have a few more new LOD's as well, saw someone Alocrius i think it was.

welcome to him/her too Smile

yey more people on at the time i play, that makes a few of us now, me scorp nacht qui alo psy lots of people muhahaha
Back to top Go down
Killer Xlll
L.O.D. Soldier
L.O.D. Soldier
Killer Xlll

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 am

rim how about me
Back to top Go down
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 am

yes you somtimes too, i was going more for the everyday players, or 6/7 days:)

Back to top Go down
Scorp
Legion Commander
Legion Commander
Scorp

Character sheet
Section 8: Legion Commander

PostSubject: Whew finally !    Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 am

LOL Quis glad you are finally home! Funny story me and Zeus actually talk alot. More then most people probably know. but anyway Zeus missed being in LOD the same way you originally did when you joined IBG LOL. he did Not read his email that i had sent him until the day after they formed the TITANS! lol STORY OF MY LIFE A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT. THAT TANK HO ANATSU SUMED IT UP ONE DAY HE SAID" SCORP YOU ARE ALWAYS AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME WITH THE WRONG WEAPON AND ALL ALONE" LOL LOL DICK HEAD WAS RIGHT LOL LOL LOL

Anyways Quis from the first couple of emails that we exchanged I knew you were perfect for LOD and that you would be right at home here. I also felt that deep down you wanted to join LOD, But your own personal honor and convictions would not allow you to do so! I very much respected that because i would have done the same thing! I also knew that " well at least thought that Ibg would not last" Not because the guys were not good guys or good players because they are. But there is more to forming a clan then just getting a bunch of good players to join. One it takes a lot of responsibility, and as much as i like Slayor" who is a great organizer by the way" and a friend. He never cared much for having responsibility's thrown on him.LOL .you also have to have certain types of personality's to form the core group that help hold the whole thing together. You also have to have a lot of the same ideals and objectives not just wanting to win! when I formed LOD one of the most important things to me were to find not only good players and team players. But players with convictions and personal honor. the ability to extend a helping hand to those who need it and to be able to willingly sacrifice themselves without a second thought to help a team mate out.
From the very start of your career in Section 8 you displayed all of those quality's. It was to my regret that I in my cautiousness waited to long and did not follow up my emails to you more aggressively.Thus lost you to IBG! but After our conversations and emails i decided that i would not give up on you. Here at LOD we are all family I guess you can say my extended family. A family I felt you should be a part of. So I am glad my instincts were right and in the end you made the right choice. So now you join the ranks of some of the biggest names in section eight. Some famous some of us infamous! LOL a lot of people want to join LOD but only a few are awarded the privilege! Congratulations you are now a LOD Draconis Warrior may your days be filled with the bodys of AOD members at your feet! Never quit never give up never leave a friend behind, never surrender!! So lets burn in and win!

P.S. I have been lagging as of late with my badges and Avatars. Sorry Nach! but i will try to get them out to you all in the next week or two! everybody's badges are similar but everyone's badges i make personally and each one is slightly different from the next. That way it is yours and yours alone for eternity! if you would like to check some of our graphics out there is a page where i have posted some of them here and in the S8 forum. feel free to download them! Also feel free to add your own ideas and imagination to the collection at anytime.

I am in the process of reorganizing right now so it will be a week or so before you have your squad assignment. we are just about were we need to be . So we will be having some squad battles with each other on the Doom server shortly!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scorpiusdoom?feature=mhum
Rimzoco
Division Captain
Division Captain
Rimzoco

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:33 am

speaking of avatars mine still says rimzico

Not anymore! It says Rimzoco
Back to top Go down
Psyclic X
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Psyclic X

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Great to have ya aboard Quisaxhaderact [posted this earlier pretty sure maybe before you had login] always dug your skills.

Also Alocrius, quickly taken to S8 like duck to water, must be a veritable MMO vet, welcome !

Remember, as we Jetpack through the valleys of Invasion Point and Hypersprint the tunnels in Stormfront, we shall fear no evil, for LoD art with me;
Our MGs and Assault Rifles, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a DCM before me in the presence of mine enemies;Thou annointest my Off Line Shield with thy Repair Tool;
My Heavy runneth thy enemy over.

Surely Hacked CPs and LoD victories shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of Doom forever.

We need fear no evil, for LoD are the meanest MFs on the maps !

LoD reign supreme

Last edited by Psyclic X on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scorp
Legion Commander
Legion Commander
Scorp

Character sheet
Section 8: Legion Commander

PostSubject: AWESOME   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:30 pm

THATS JUST TO COOL PSYC!!I THINK YOU SHOULD ALSO POST THIS IN THE GUEST SECTION! UNDER SO YOU WANT TO JON THE LEGION!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scorpiusdoom?feature=mhum
guitarsenall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Very classy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Alocrius Bio   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey brothers in arms.. My name is Adrian, I'm 36, I live in Pennsylvania, father of a 10 year old girl, who's a burgeoning ballerina. I work mostly these days in construction/painting though historically I've worked in social services field with kids/troubled youth. No degree yet, (if ever), but I have gone to school in Arizona and a semester abroad in Sweden. Ancient history now though. I am an avid reader, I love the icelandic sagas, medieval history stuff(so Nacht and I have something to chat about), and sci-fi/fiction. I play guitar and piano for fun, but aspire to be in a band before I croak. Doesn't look like its going to happen so far. I also am into meditation/advaita which is a bit of a contradiction because I love to be distracted by stuff like S8, mma, violent movies, etc.. Thats the nature of the monkey mind. I haven't played so many fps games before, some Unreal Tournament, which I did enjoy but seemed to get my ass kicked a lot, if I remember correctly. I love strategic/tactical games and am a bit of a boardgamer as well, but I am not a geek so don't get any funny ideas. I have been putting in the hours lately as work has slowed due to weather. I love this game as it combines strategy and action so well. I am not really the best aim out there as you may have noticed and I don't put points into lock-on but I try to make up for it in sheer aggression and nastiness. I prefer in-close fighting with machine gun, shotgun and knife, so my kill ratio is nothing to brag about. I have been getting up to speed on the dcm's and am quite the intel runner if I do say so myself, as of late. I'm a fan of rocket jumping, which is a little hard to aim but essential for a quick getaway. I love hacking cp's and digging people out of their camps. I use polarity and have good mobility which allows me to take a place apart quickly. Am I a mortar spammer? The worst kind. But I can do a high speed fly-by mortar spamming that I believe can bring a little shock and awe to the battlefield. If I get a clear skies and conquer badge in a game I am happy. There is lots of room for improvement in my game and looking forward to learning more and working closely with you all out there. We are so much stronger when we work together. I have never been in a clan before so its great to have this common ground of love for gaming. I know I talk too much sometimes out there, but I'm a chatty kathy, what are you gonna do? I bought a cheap headset which sucks, so taking it back. I'll be up on ventrillo in few days or so. See you guys on the field and Psyclic, that remix of psalm (x?) is awesome and had me laughing.

Last edited by Alocrius on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
guitarsenall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Adrian:

Welcome aboard! Great to have you here.

I was a troubled youth--a severe case that social workers would run away from. But now I can work a computer well enough to play video games (and simulate electro-hydraulic-mechanical control systems).

From ballet to S8 carnage? Quite the journey!

I like fake history--that is, Lord of the Rings.

I also play guitar for fun, and I also aspire to be in a band before I croak. But I can't play piano to save my life--so I use a mouse and PC to fake both! Check out my stuff at www.willsongs.com if you get bored some late night.

I am in total agreement about loving this game's combination of strategy and action. It allows me to concentrate on whichever area I feel strong on in any given game.

Yeah, I remember encountering your machine gun, shotgun and knife. You reminded me of Darkk Armor (my 12-year-old son that is willing to kill me even though it gets his allowance docked).

OK, I will holler your name next time I go intel! Maybe you could teach me how to be effective with mortars.

Welcome again,
Will

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 am

wait, wait, wait.... I don't do ballet, my daughter does..just want to make that clear.. Your not going to see me dancing around in tights.(had to edit my bio so it doesn't sound that way, lol)

Yeah, I have messed around with fruityloops and some software to fake the band thing but there is a pretty big learning curve if you want to be good at using the more advanced programs, so I haven't gotten too into that yet but it's on my to do list.

I have encountered Darkk Armor and he's a contender for sure. Impressive skill for being as young as he is! You guys are a force to be reckoned with out there.

Last edited by Alocrius on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nachtnebel
L.O.D. Soldier
L.O.D. Soldier
nachtnebel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey Adrian welcome aboard!

Hate to admit it, but I've never gotten around to reading any of the Sagas, which is something I do need to do at some point in time. One book you might find interesting is Viking Empires. At present, I'm trying to put together a brief intro for someone on the colors you'd have seen Saxons and Vikings sporting.

Your not going to see me dancing around in tights. Oh thank God!! Mel Brooks, Crowe, and Costner were more than enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!   Clan Introductions Click Here Please!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Introductions Click Here Please!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Doom :: Member Introductions-
Jump to: